The processes within a Logistics Control Tower (LCT) require specialized skills, which can represent a challenge within organizations where these are not specific core competencies. Our solution to this challenge is a Managed Service offering where we support the entire function; including the people, established processes and technology.
We are able to tailor the LCT Managed Service to meet each client’s environment and specific needs. We ensure inefficiencies are driven out of the system through a continuous improvement function. Our service include the following activities:
Transport Contract Management
- Negotiating rates and service levels with transport providers
- Managing 3PLs on behalf of a principal
- SLA & KPIs (transporter performance measurement)
- Commercial model definition (defining the most appropriate charge model)
- Fleet standard definition and measurement
- Rate escalations
- Transport budgeting
- Securing rental/increased transport capacity if required
Transport Planning and Optimization
- Vehicle type & composition (fleet mix) determination
- Optimize the transport activities (minimize cost and maximize utilization) to collect and deliver products and equipment while adhering to all applicable constraints and service requirements.
- Schedule resources according to the optimized plan
Transport Execution Management
- Synchronization of logistics activities (transport management, warehouse management, yard management) to ensure the optimal operational execution of the plan.
- Route briefing
- Automated tracking and monitoring
- Event management
- Debriefing of all route activities – web-based (always on, always available)
- Claims and returns management
- Pro-active notifications
Transport Order Management
- Carrier allocation (based on rating/inputs from the transport contract up to providing the carrier with a transport order)
- Manage claims (submission and approving/disputing claims)
- Invoice & payment (trigger self-invoicing, reconciliation of actual invoice and consolidation for payment)
Operations Coordination and Synchronization
- Ensuring execution of plan
- On site alignment between warehouse and transport management
Analytics and Continuous Improvement
- Identify activities and factors that impact, and are impacted by transport.
- Create visibility of transport and related supply chain planning and operations.
- Identify improvements in related supply chain functions that impact performance or constrain potential optimization in transport performance.